Reliance General Health Infinity Product Page
Reliance General Health Infinity is a comprehensive health insurance plan designed to protect you during times of medical need. With a wide range of sum insured options from Rs 5 Lakhs to Rs 5 Crores, this policy ensures that you have the coverage you need for any situation. But that's not all. Reliance General Health Infinity goes above and beyond by offering an array of benefits and discounts, making it the smart choice for your health and financial well-being.
Let’s Uncover The Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Entry Age
- Adults: 18 years
- Children: 91 days
Maximum Entry Age
- Adults: 65 years
- Children: 25 years
Explore The Benefits And Limits Of The Plan
Reliance General Health Infinity is a comprehensive health insurance plan that goes beyond the basics. In addition to covering inpatient hospitalisation expenses, such as room boarding, nursing charges, medical practitioner's fees, etc. - incurred when you are hospitalised for more than 24 hours, this plan takes care of a wide range of other related expenses. Let’s have a look -
- Pre & Post Hospitalisation Expenses Coverage
With the Health Infinity Plan, you need not worry about any medical expenses you may incur before or after hospitalisation. These costs are covered up to the sum insured. Pre-hospitalisation costs are covered for a generous duration of 90 days before hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation are covered up to 180 days after discharge.
These expenses will be taken care of by the insurer, provided they are directly related to the medical condition for which you are hospitalised and the claim is approved under inpatient hospitalisation coverage.
- Daycare Treatment Coverage
With advancements in medical technology, many procedures and surgeries can now be completed within 24 hours, eliminating the need for extended hospital stays. And the best part? All daycare procedures are fully covered by the Reliance General Health Infinity Plan - up to the sum insured.
- Domiciliary treatment Coverage
Domiciliary treatment coverage refers to the medical services provided in the comfort of your own home because of the severity of the medical condition or the lack of available hospital beds in your location. The Health Infinity Plan covers domiciliary treatment costs up to the sum insured.
- Organ Donor Coverage
The Reliance Health Infinity plan also offers coverage for organ donor expenses. It will pay for the expenses related to harvesting the organ from the donor for transplantation (where you, the insured, are the recipient) up to the sum insured.
- Modern Treatment Coverage
Modern treatments allow us to take advantage of the latest advancements in medical science and technology. These developments have led to more effective treatments and procedures, resulting in improved patient outcomes. With cutting-edge technology and modern treatments becoming the new norm, this plan covers modern treatment expenses, up to the sum insured.
- Non-Medical Expenses Coverage
This plan ensures that you are financially protected from the costs of essential consumables like gloves, nebulization kits, oxygen masks, etc. up to the sum insured - if you opt for their add-on.
- Room Rent Limit
The maximum amount covered under health insurance for your hospital room is known as the room rent limit. As long as you select a room within your plan's limit, you won't incur any additional expenses. However, if you decide on a room with a higher rent or category than your eligibility, there will be a proportionate deduction. This means that instead of just paying the difference in room rent, you'll be responsible for paying a proportionate share of the entire bill.
The Health Infinity Plan comes with no room rent limits. So, you have the freedom to choose any room that suits your needs, be it a shared room, private room, deluxe room, suite or any other available option.
- Restoration Benefit
The Restoration Benefit feature ensures that your sum insured is restored once it gets depleted within a policy year. This means that you and your loved ones can confidently embrace the future, knowing that your basic sum insured under the Health Infinity Plan will be 100% restored for subsequent claims. This benefit triggers on complete exhaustion of the sum insured. You can avail of this amazing Restore Benefit once in every policy year for a lifetime, as long as you keep renewing your policy.
You also have the option to choose the Unlimited Restore Benefit at a nominal cost, which gives you unlimited restorations in a policy year.
- Super Charger Benefit
With the exclusive add-on feature, Super Charger, you can enjoy an additional sum insured at the end of each completed and continuous policy year, regardless of any claims you’ve made. By opting for this benefit, you have the power to boost your policy's coverage with an extra sum insured of either 20% or 33.33% (as per your preference), up to a maximum of 100% of the original sum insured.
Discover Other Key Features!
- Exceptional OPD Cover
With the Health Infinity Plan, you can enjoy coverage for OPD consultations, diagnostic tests, OPD dental treatments, and even surgical procedures. Plus, prescription drugs are covered up to 35% of the chosen OPD limit. Please note that this incredible benefit is available with a minimum 2-year policy period and a sum insured of Rs 5 Lakhs. The coverage is subject to other policy terms and conditions as well.
- ‘More Options’ Benefit for More Coverage
With its unique 'More Options' benefit, the Health Infinity Plan lets you enhance the sum insured, increase the policy duration, and extend the coverage worldwide under three ‘More Covers’ - MoreCover, MoreTime, MoreGlobal.
- MoreCover: Gives you a boosted cover on every sum insured.
- MoreTime: Each policy year is extended by one month.
- MoreGlobal: Access healthcare facilities globally for unplanned and planned treatments, up to specified limits.
Please note that the first cover you opt for will be free of cost. You will need to pay an extra premium for the second and third covers.
- Stay Healthy Discount for Your Wellbeing
You can get a pretty nice discount by simply undergoing an annual health checkup during the policy year and sharing the results with the insurer. To qualify for the discount, the health check-up must include essential tests such as blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, weight assessment, etc. It is crucial to submit these test results before the policy's expiry date to ensure eligibility. The discount will be given like this -
- 10% discount per adult for policy term for an individual sum insured.
- 10% discount per adult for policy term for a family floater sum insured with one adult.
- 5% discount per adult for policy term for a family floater sum insured with two adults.
Waiting Periods? What Does That Mean?
A waiting period refers to a specific duration during which certain illnesses and diseases will not be covered by health insurance. However, once this waiting period ends, you can claim for these conditions.
Here are some of the types of waiting periods -
- Initial Waiting Period
There is a mandatory waiting period of 30 days for all medical conditions, with the exception of accidents. During this initial period, you cannot file a claim for medical treatments unless they’re due to an accident.
- Waiting Period For Pre-Existing Diseases
A pre-existing disease means any health condition you’ve had within 48 months of issuance of health insurance. Under the Health Infinity Plan, pre-existing disease coverage begins after a waiting period of 36 months.
You can also opt for an add-on and -
👉Extend the waiting period to 48 months and get a premium discount.
👉Reduce the waiting period to either 24 months or 12 months.
- Waiting Period For Specific Diseases
Insurers establish a designated list of medical conditions or illnesses that come with a waiting period, apart from your pre-existing conditions. This waiting period is determined solely by the insurer and is not influenced by your current health status. With the Reliance General Health Infinity Plan, you can enjoy coverage for specific diseases after a waiting period of 24 months. However, if you choose to opt for an add-on, the waiting period for specific diseases can be reduced to just 12 months, providing you with quicker access to comprehensive healthcare coverage.
Wait, This Isn’t Covered!
Exclusions refer to specific circumstances that are not eligible for coverage under your health insurance policy. These include:
- Standard Permanent Exclusions: Backed by IRDAI regulations, all insurance companies must adhere to a set of 'standard permanent exclusions'. Some of these exclusions include:
- Investigation and evaluation: Hospital admission solely for observation or monitoring purposes.
- Rest cure, rehabilitation, and respite care: Admission to a facility for bed rest without active treatment.
- Obesity/weight control: Treatments or surgeries related to weight control or obesity.
- Change of gender treatment: Treatment aimed at changing the body's characteristics to those of the opposite sex.
- Plastic/cosmetic surgery: Treatment or surgery that is aimed at altering or enhancing the body's appearance or characteristics.
- Profession in hazardous or adventure sports: Treatment expenses incurred while engaging as a professional in activities such as river rafting, mountaineering, scuba diving, horse racing, and more.
- Breach of law: Expenses associated with the treatment of an individual who has engaged in or attempted to engage in unlawful activities with criminal intent.
- Excluded providers: Any kind of treatment by a medical practitioner or any hospital that has been excluded by the insurance company.
- Narcotics/Alcohol: Treatments related to addictions like drug abuse, alcohol addictions, etc.
- Treatments in establishments arranged for domestic purposes: Expenses incurred at health spas, nursing homes, or similar facilities that are meant for domestic purposes.
- Dietary supplements, substances purchased without prescription: Supplements such as vitamins, minerals, and other similar products that are not prescribed by a medical professional.
- Refractive error:
Expenses related to correcting refractive errors up to 7.5 diopters to enhance eyesight.
- Unproven treatments: Any treatments, medical procedures, or surgeries, that are not proven.
- Expenses related to birth control, and sterility, infertility: Contraception, sterilisation, artificial insemination, and advanced reproductive technologies such as IVF, ZIFT, GIFT, ICSI, gestational surrogacy, and other related procedures.
- Maternity expenses: Pre/post-natal costs, childbirth-related hospitalisation expenses, and more.
- Additional Permanent Exclusions
Insurance companies also can impose additional exclusions. If you have a specific disease or severe medical condition that insurers deem as high-risk, they may permanently exclude coverage for it from your policy. However, it's important to note that insurers can only exclude illnesses listed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- Non-Standard Exclusions (Specific Exclusions)
The Reliance General Health Infinity Plan includes specific exclusions that go beyond the standard permanent exclusions outlined by the IRDAI. It's important to note that these exclusions may differ among insurance companies and are subject to the policy's terms and conditions.
Here are some of the key specific exclusions under the plan -
- Circumcision, unless it is necessitated by illness or injury and forms part of medical treatment.
- All medications or treatments that lack proper prescription support.
- External congenital anomalies and genetic conditions.
- Self-harm/suicide attempted intentionally.
- Expenses related to peritoneal dialysis including medical supplies.
- Alternative treatments or non-allopathic treatments, other than those covered under the AYUSH Benefit.
- Costs associated with convalescence, sanatorium treatment, long-term nursing care, etc.
- Dental treatments except those requiring hospitalisation due to an illness/injury or unless they fall under the OPD cover. Please refer to the conditions in the policy documents for more details.
- Growth hormonal therapy, hormone replacement therapy (HRT), and other hormonal medications.
A Recap Of The Benefits & Limits
Here’s a table showing the product benefits and their respective coverage limits:
90 days up to the sum insured
180 days up to the sum insured
Daycare Treatment Coverage
Up to the sum insured
Domiciliary Treatment Coverage:
Up to the sum insured
Organ Donor Coverage
Harvesting expenses up to the sum insured
Up to the sum insured if you opt for an add-on
Modern Treatment Coverage
Up to the sum insured
Room Rent Limit
100% restoration of the sum insured available
Smart Charger Benefit
The sum insured can be enhanced by 20% of 33.33% - subject to a max limit of 100% of the base sum insured.
Pre Existing Diseases
Covered after a waiting period of 36 months (without add-ons)
Covered after a waiting period of 24 months (without add-ons)
OG Reading Material for your Reference!
- Can you buy the Reliance Health Infinity Policy online?
Absolutely! The Reliance Health Infinity policy is conveniently accessible online, allowing you to easily apply for it from the comfort of your own home. By simply filling out the user-friendly online proposal form provided by Reliance Health Insurance, you can take the first step towards securing comprehensive health insurance coverage and peace of mind.
- How many times can you make a claim per year under the Reliance Health Infinity Plan?
With the Reliance Health Infinity plan, you have the flexibility to file multiple claims within a policy year as long as the sum insured is not exhausted.
- Will the Reliance Health Infinity Plan cover COVID-19-related expenses?
The Reliance Health Infinity policy ensures comprehensive coverage for COVID-19 treatment expenses, subject to the specified terms and conditions of the policy.
- Does the Reliance Health Infinity Plan have any room rent limits?
With the Reliance Health Infinity Plan, you have the freedom to choose from a wide range of room options available at the hospital. Whether you prefer a Single Private Room, a Share Room, a Deluxe Room, a Suite, or any other room - this plan ensures that you can stay in any room type that suits your needs.
- Is there any way to get a discount on the premium of the Reliance Health Infinity Plan?
Certainly! The Reliance Health Infinity Plan offers a wide range of cost-saving opportunities through various types of discounts.