Royal Sundaram Multiplier Product Page
Let's Dig Into The Plan!
The Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan is a health insurance plan offered by Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company Limited. It's designed to provide a comprehensive solution that safeguards your well-being and makes sure you're able to get the necessary medical care without stressing out about finances. With its unique benefits and features, it's the go-to choice for those looking for financial protection and peace of mind.
Who Can Apply?
Minimum Entry Age
- Adults: 18 years
- Children: 91 days
Maximum Entry Age
- Adults: 65 years
- Children: 25 years
Let’s Read Up On The Product's Benefits And Limitations
As part of the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan, you'll be covered for inpatient hospitalisation expenses, which include room boarding and nursing charges, medical practitioner fees, the cost of prescriptions, ICU charges, as well as other related expenses.
Here's a glimpse at the other expenses covered by the plan:
- Pre and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: You might have to go for tests or consultations before or after your hospital stay. But you don't have to worry about the cost since the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan takes care of them. It provides coverage for these expenses up to the sum insured for a decent time frame -
- 60 days before you're hospitalised
- 90 days after you're discharged
However, you'll be eligible for coverage only if the expenses are related to the medical condition for which you're hospitalised and they are claimed as part of inpatient hospitalisation.
- Daycare Treatment Coverage: Medical procedures and surgeries have come a long way. Those that formerly required an extended hospital stay can now be completed within 24 hours, thanks to advances in technology. All daycare procedures are covered by the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan up to the sum insured without any cap.
- Domiciliary Treatment Coverage: Sometimes, you cannot be moved to the hospital due to the severity of your injury or illness or because there are no hospital beds available in your vicinity. In such cases, you can receive medical treatments from the comfort of your home. This is called domiciliary hospitalisation. Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan covers such expenses up to the sum insured, ensuring that your health needs are met in the most effective and convenient manner.
- Organ Donor Coverage: Organ donation is a beautiful gesture; a chance to help someone in need and potentially save a life. The Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan provides coverage for organ donor expenses (where you, the insured, are the recipient). The policy covers the inpatient expenses of the organ donor up to the sum insured.
- Modern Treatment Coverage: Healthcare is rapidly advancing with the advent of state-of-the-art treatments, giving you access to the best medical care. The Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan covers the expenses associated with such modern treatments up to the sum insured. It ensures you don't have to worry about the financial implications of accessing the best available treatments, allowing you to focus on what's most important - your recovery.
- Non-Medical Expenses: Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan covers non-medical expenses as well. Consumables such as gloves, nebulization kits, oxygen masks, and other items necessary for treatment fall under non-medical expenses. The Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan ensures that these non-medical expenses are accounted for by providing coverage for up to Rs 50,000 per hospitalization (if you opt for an add-on).
- No Claim Bonus: If you don't make any claims during a policy year, you get a reward from your insurer in the form of a No Claim Bonus. It's a great way to reward customers for taking health precautions and being mindful of their well-being. It is given by increasing your base sum insured by 20% which can go to a maximum of 100% - for every claim-free year. Moreover, you won't lose your accumulated claim bonus even if you make a claim in the future.
- Flexi Reload Benefit: With Flexi Reload, your sum insured is restored once it has been depleted within the policy year. This means that you have the assurance of continuous protection against unforeseen health events with no break in coverage throughout the policy year. Your sum insured will be reloaded if you have an insufficient sum insured and no claim bonus due to claims made. The Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan restores 100% of your basic sum insured. When the basic sum insured or no claim bonus (if applicable) is partially utilised, the benefit kicks in, and it's available for subsequent claims during a policy year. You can use the restore benefit once every policy year for as long as you keep renewing it.
- Room Rent Limit: Insurers will cover your hospital room stay up to a certain amount. This is called the room rent limit. Choosing a room that falls within your plan's room rent limit won't cost you anything out of pocket. However, if you choose a room that's beyond your eligibility, you'll be liable for a proportionate deduction. It means you'll have to pay a proportionate share of the whole bill, not just the difference in room rent. However, the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan has no restrictions on room rent, so you can choose any room you like, regardless of whether it's a shared room, single room, deluxe room, etc.
Features That Make The Product Stand Out
Faster Healthcare Access For ABCD (Asthma, BP, Cholesterol, Diabetes) Patients
Individuals with pre-existing conditions such as Asthma, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia), or Diabetes need comprehensive protection. In light of this, the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan offers coverage for such conditions, allowing them to enjoy peace of mind. If you have declared ABCD prior to enrolling in their Multiplier Plan, you will receive the ABCD Benefit. This plan is designed to cover hospitalisations related to Asthma, Hypertension, Cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia), or Diabetes during the pre-existing disease waiting period. Such expenses will be covered from the 31st day.
Hospital Plus Benefit - A Lifeline For The Temporarily Disabled
Injuries and illnesses can cause temporary disabilities, necessitating the use of mobility devices to facilitate recovery and rehabilitation. Mobility devices refer to any ancillary device that improves the quality of life for those with disabilities or mobility restrictions, providing a range of support from basic movement to more complex activities. As part of the Multiplier Plan, the Hospital Plus Benefit covers expenses related to mobility devices such as walkers, manual wheelchairs, crutches, splints, external prosthetics, slings, plasters, etc. This coverage is limited to Rs 50,000 per hospitalisation and is subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the insurer.
4X Multiplier Benefit For Unexpected Medical Situations
This plan provides a higher level of protection in the event of unforeseen life-threatening conditions, offering an extra amount which is equal to 4 times the sum insured, including the No Claim Bonus. The 4X Multiplier benefit guarantees that you will not be left short in case of major medical expenses. Remember, you will only be able to avail of this benefit 4 times during the lifetime of the policy and it is subject to the policy's terms and conditions.
Waiting Period? What's That?
Some illnesses and diseases may not be covered for a certain period of time after you purchase a health insurance policy. This is called a waiting period. Once it ends, you can claim these conditions.
Waiting periods can be of different types, including:
- Initial Waiting Period: Except for accidents, all medical conditions have an initial waiting period of 30 days. In other words, you will not be able to claim hospitalisation for 30 days, except in case of an accident.
- Waiting Period For Pre-existing Diseases: A pre-existing disease is any medical condition or illness that you have experienced within the 48 months before the issuance of the health insurance policy. Pre-existing diseases are subject to a 36-month waiting period under the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan. In this period, the policy will not cover any expenses you incur related to pre-existing conditions.
Certain pre-existing diseases (Asthma, Hypertension, Cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia), Diabetes) will be covered from the 31st day. And, besides this, pre-existing diseases are covered with a 50% copayment and up to a maximum limit of Rs 2 Lakhs during the second and third years of the PED waiting period under the PED coverage benefit. You have to declare the PED beforehand to get coverage.
- Waiting Period For Specific Diseases: Insurance companies will have a list of diseases and medical issues, other than pre-existing conditions, with a waiting period irrespective of whether you've had those in the past. There is a waiting period of 24 months for specific diseases under the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan.
These Medical Costs Will NOT Be Covered!
There are certain situations that your health insurance policy will not cover. These are called exclusions and include -
- Standard Permanent Exclusions: As per the IRDAI's guidelines, all insurance companies are required to adhere to certain permanent exclusions. Therefore, it is prudent to review the policy document carefully for a comprehensive understanding of what is excluded from the coverage. Some of these exclusions include -
- Investigation and evaluation: Admission to the hospital just for observation purposes.
- Breach of law: Treatment expenses of someone who has committed a crime or attempted to do so.
- Excluded providers: Medical treatments from a medical practitioner or hospital not covered by the insurance company.
- Change of gender treatment: Treatment to alter one's body's features to those of the opposite gender.
- Plastic/cosmetic surgery: Treatment to modify the appearance or characteristics of the body.
- Profession in hazardous or adventure sports: Treatment for injuries incurred while engaging in activities like river rafting, mountaineering, scuba diving, etc. as a professional.
- Rest cure, rehabilitation, and respite care: Bed rest without active treatment in a facility.
- Obesity/weight control: Weight control or obesity surgery.
- Narcotics: Medical treatments for addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addictions, etc.
- Refractive error: Costs related to fixing refractive errors of up to 7.5 diopters to correct vision.
- Unproven treatments: Any surgery, procedure, or treatment that hasn't been proven to work.
- Expenses related to birth control, sterility infertility: Contraception, sterilisation, artificial insemination, advanced reproductive technologies such as IVF, ZIFT, GIFT, ICSI, gestational surrogacy, etc.
- Treatments in establishments arranged for domestic purposes: Treatments received in nursing homes, spas, or similar facilities set up entirely or partially for domestic use.
- Dietary supplements, substances purchased without prescription: Supplements such as vitamins and minerals purchased without prescription.
- Maternity expenses: Pre/post-natal costs, childbirth-related hospitalisation expenses, etc.
- Additional Permanent Exclusions: Some insurance companies may impose additional exclusions for certain situations and medical conditions. If you have diseases or medical conditions that carry too much risk, they may exclude those from your policy. A permanent exclusion, however, can only be applied to a set of illnesses listed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). As such, it is important to check with your insurer regarding any permanent exclusions to avoid any unpleasant shocks when you actually make a claim.
- Non-Standard Exclusions (Specific exclusions): These are exclusions beyond the standard permanent exclusions outlined by the IRDAI. Depending on the policy terms and conditions, these exclusions may differ among the insurance companies.
Listed below are some of the top specific exclusions under the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan:
- Alternative treatments except those covered as part of AYUSH.
- The procedure of circumcision unless it is needed to treat a disease or required as a result of an accident.
- Treatment of external congenital anomalies.
- The treatment of a self-inflicted injury, including suicide attempts.
- Expenses related to alopecia, baldness, wigs, and toupees, as well as medical supplies like diabetic test strips, elastic stockings, etc.
- No insurance coverage for artificial life support if the insured goes into a vegetative state and cannot be revived.
- Injuries resulting from nuclear, chemical, biological attacks or weapons.
- Expenses incurred for obtaining a medical certificate, medical records, treatment or illness/injury-related documents for any hospitalisation or daycare treatment in case of an accident, illness, or injury.
The Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan In A Nutshell
Here's a rundown of the product's benefits and coverage limits -
60 days up to the sum insured
90 days up to the sum insured
Daycare Treatment Coverage
All procedures up to the sum insured
Domiciliary Treatment Coverage
Up to the sum insured
Organ Donor Coverage
Inpatient expenses up to the sum insured
Up to the sum insured, if you opt for an add-on
Room Rent Limit
Modern Treatment Coverage
Up to the sum insured
No Claim Bonus
20% increase in sum insured, up to a maximum of 100% of the base sum insured for every claim-free year
Flexi Reload Benefit
Up to 100% of the sum insured
Covered after a 36-month waiting period
Covered after a 24-month waiting period
All The Policy Info You Need
- Will the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan cover pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses?
Yes, the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan covers pre-hospitalisation expenses for 60 days before you are hospitalised and post-hospitalisation expenses for 90 days after discharge - up to the sum insured.
- Does the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan impose any room rent limits?
There is no room rent limit under the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan, so you can choose any type of room you want.
- Are AYUSH treatments covered by the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan?
Yes, AYUSH or alternative or non-allopathic Treatments like Ayurveda, Yoga, Siddha, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, and Unani are covered under the plan.
- What is the maximum cover you can choose under the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan?
You can choose a maximum sum insured of up to Rs 25 lakhs under the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan. This means that you can enjoy the benefits of a high level of coverage, providing you with the financial security you need.
- Does Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan cover medical expenses during the PED waiting period?
Yes, the Royal Sundaram Multiplier Plan covers pre-existing disease-related expenses with a 50% copayment and up to a maximum of Rs 2 Lakhs during the 2nd and 3rd years of the PED Waiting Period under the PED Coverage Benefit. However, you need to have declared it beforehand - to be eligible for coverage.