With monsoon and vector-borne illnesses on the increase, people are afraid. Due to continual rain during monsoon, vector-borne diseases such as dengue start to spread rapidly. Water-logging is caused due to non-stop rain, which is conducive to mosquito breeding owing to its ideal setting for the development of Aedes mosquitoes. Aedes mosquitoes transmit the dengue virus and infect humans. While some individuals may recover from dengue fever or breakbone fever with minor symptoms, others may suffer severe illness. This comes under critical illness insurance and pays a lump sum if you are diagnosed with dengue fever.
Who Should Opt For It?
SMC Insurance offers various Dengue Health Cover Plans for different age groups and genders. So, who should opt for it?
If you are travelling to an area where dengue fever is endemic or if there is a risk of contracting the disease, then you should definitely consider buying a Dengue Health Cover Plan that provides coverage for dengue fever.
If you have a family history of dengue fever, then it is advisable to purchase a Dengue Health Cover Plan that provides coverage for the disease.
If you are pregnant, you should consider buying a Dengue Health Cover Plan that provides coverage for childbirth and delivery and coverage for dengue fever.
If you are a senior citizen, then you should opt for Dengue Health Insurance, which provides coverage for dengue fever and other age-related illnesses.
Calculate Your Health Insurance Premium
How Does It Work?
The dengue insurance plan works by reimbursing you for the medical expenses that you incur due to the dengue fever, including hospitalization, ambulance services, and other medical expenses. During pregnancy, the plan provides coverage for childbirth and delivery as well as you can rest assured that you will be covered for all expenses related to the diagnosis and treatment of dengue fever. Similarly, if you need to be transported to a hospital via ambulance, the dengue insurance plan will reimburse you for the cost of the ambulance ride.
Key Benefits of Dengue Health Cover Plan
The disease is considered seasonal in terms of medical sciences, but in the case of the peninsular region, as it is the scenario with the major part of India, the disease is somewhat all year round. The following are the benefits that the dengue health insurance policies provide:
- The hospital stay and the medical expenses incurred during it, as well as nursing expenditures, are all covered. Because they usually handle outpatient costs, most general insurance policies do not cover this.
- The dengue insurance protects your core medical or health coverage's No Claim Bonus, allowing you to spend it in cases of severe illness when it would be much more beneficial.
- Because it is a low-cost, highly effective treatment for an acute condition.
Features of Dengue Health Cover Plan
A dengue health insurance plan provides comprehensive coverage to the policyholder, who may not have such protection under a standard health insurance policy. The following are some of the characteristics of dengue health insurance plans:
- The typical duration of a plan is one year.
- The age range between 91 days to 65 years is covered under dengue insurance.
- In general, a dengue health plan will cover up to six people in a family.
- Apart from the expenses charged during dengue hospitalization, the policy would reimburse all pre-and post-hospitalization costs for up to 30 days.
- Dengue insurance generally has lifelong renewability.
Advantages of Dengue Health Cover Plan
There are several advantages of opting for a dengue health insurance plan:
Prevents large out-of-pocket Expenses
A dengue insurance policy can help you cover most, of your medical expenses. This can help you avoid large out-of-pocket expenses, which can be a burden to bear.
Dengue Health Cover Plan gives you peace of mind in knowing that you and your family are protected financially in case of dengue illness. This can be especially important if you have young children dependent on you.
Offers Many Coverage Options
Most Dengue Health Insurance policies offer a range of coverage options to choose the plan that best suits your needs and budget. This can be helpful if you know that you are likely to require medical treatment for dengue or another illness in the future.
Comes with a Variety of Benefits
Dengue Health Insurance policy comes with various benefits, such as access to a large network of hospitals and doctors, cashless treatment, and more. This can be helpful if you seek medical treatment for dengue in an emergency.
Dengue Insurance is typically affordable, making them a great option for those who have tight budget. This can be helpful if you cannot afford to pay for medical expenses out-of-pocket.
What Is Covered Under Dengue Health Insurance?
The following are some of the covered expenses under a dengue health insurance policy:
- Room rental, blood transfusion costs, ICU charges, and other hospital expenses are all covered in the dengue health cover plan.
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization costs are covered for 30 days.
- Consultation fees to doctors, both pre and post-hospitalization.
- The costs of all medications bought before, after, or during hospitalization.
- Out of pocket costs include OPD consultation and treatment charges, diagnostic therapy fees, pharmacy expenses, and home nursing care
What Is Not Covered Under Dengue Health Insurance?
The following expenses are not covered under a dengue health insurance policy in India:
- Cost of treatment for any illness other than dengue
- There may be a 15- or 30-day waiting period before you can take advantage of this plan.
- The cost of any treatment or medicine that isn't needed to cure dengue fever.
- Unauthorized persons are not eligible to avail of the benefits.
- Outside of India, the cost of dengue treatment is not covered by the policy.
Eligibility Criteria For A Dengue Health Cover Plan
The eligibility criteria will likely include things like age, region of residence, and pre-existing medical conditions. Let's understand this in detail:
The age limit for coverage may vary depending on the insurance company. However, the cover is usually available for people below a specific age limit, such as 70 years.
The cover is usually not available for people who reside in high-risk areas of dengue fever. These areas are typically tropical and subtropical regions where the risk of contracting dengue fever is high.
Pre-existing medical conditions
People with pre-existing medical conditions may not be eligible for the coverage. This increases the insurance company's risk of paying out claims to treat these conditions. However, some companies may offer coverage to people with pre-existing conditions but at higher premiums.
It is essential to check the eligibility criteria before applying for coverage. At SMC Insurance website, you can get wide range of health cover plans that can meet the needs of different people.
Get Free Quotes to Secure Your Health Now
Why To Opt For Dengue Health Cover Plan
A dengue health cover plan will help you to ensure that you have access to quality medical care and treatment if you contract dengue fever. A health coverage plan that includes dengue fever protection can also help to reduce your overall travel costs. You will not need to worry about additional medical expenses if you become ill while away from home. Let's understand this in detail:
If you fall ill with dengue fever while travelling abroad, having a health coverage plan that includes dengue fever protection can help to ensure that you have access to quality medical care and treatment. This can help to reduce your overall travel costs including medical expenses, as you will not need to worry about additional medical expenses if you become ill while away from home.
What is the Claim Process of a Dengue Health Cover Plan
The claim process for a dengue health cover plan is relatively simple.
Following is a list of the steps you will need to follow to file a claim:
Step 1: Gather your policy number, the insurance provider's name , and the service date.
Step 2: Submit a claim online by visiting the insurer's website.
Step3: Wait for approval from the insurance company.
Step3: Receive reimbursement from the insurance company.
It is important to note that each insurance company has its procedures for filing a claim. It is required to have a doctor's prescription to get any kind of refund on purchasing an over-the-counter (OTC) drug. Be sure to familiarise yourself with the specific policies of your health insurance company. Also, be sure to keep copies of all documentation related to your claim if you need to follow up with the insurance company.
1. Is the doctor's prescription required to avail of the cashless treatment for Dengue?
The Dengue Health Cover Plan provides cashless treatment for all diseases, including Dengue. However, prior approval from the insurance company is required to avail the cashless treatment. This approval is based on the doctor’s diagnosis and prescription.
2. Who is eligible for the Dengue Health Cover Plan?
The Dengue Health Cover Plan is available for all Indian residents.
3. What are the benefits of the Dengue Health Cover Plan?
The benefits of the Dengue Health Cover Plan include coverage for hospitalization, treatment, and other related expenses.
4. How much does the Dengue Health Cover Plan cost?
The cost of the Dengue Health Cover Plan varies depending on the insurance provider.
5. Can I renew my Dengue Health Cover Plan?
Yes, you can renew your Dengue Health Cover Plan every year.
6. What is the coverage limit of the Dengue Health Cover Plan?
The coverage limit of the Dengue Health Cover Plan varies depending upon the provider.
7. Can I transfer my Dengue Health Cover Plan to someone else?
No, you cannot transfer your Dengue Health Cover Plan to someone else.
8. Does the Dengue Health Cover Plan cover pre-existing conditions?
The Dengue Health Cover Plan does not cover pre-existing conditions.
9. What is the waiting period for the Dengue Health Cover Plan?
The waiting period for the Dengue Health Cover Plan varies depending upon the provider.