Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Product Page
What Is This Product All About?
ReAssure 2.0, is a customer-centric health insurance plan launched by Niva Bupa Health Insurance Company Limited. With such a plan in place, you can be confident that your health is in good hands; it will provide you with comprehensive coverage to meet all your healthcare needs. It comes in 3 variants - Platinum+, Titanium+, and Bronze+.
The plan comes with a bunch of cool features like ReAssure Forever, Lock the Clock, Booster+, Safeguard+, and more. Not just that, there is a range of sum insured options from Rs 5 lakhs to Rs 1 crore. All these features make the product an attractive and comprehensive solution for your health protection.
Any Eligibility Rules?
- Minimum: The minimum age of entry is 90 days.
- Maximum: The maximum age of entry is 30 years.
- Minimum: The minimum age of entry is 18 years.
- Maximum: The maximum age of entry is 65 years.
A Quick Guide To The Plan’s Benefits And Limits
Any expenses you incur while in a hospital for more than 24 hours, including room boarding and nursing charges, medical practitioner fees, costs for prescription medicines and drugs, ICU charges, etc. are inpatient hospitalisation expenses. Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 covers these costs.
Here is an overview of some other expenses covered by Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 -
- Pre & Post Hospitalisation Expenses: Expenses incurred before and after hospitalisation are called pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses. While pre-hospitalisation expenses are covered up to the sum insured for 60 days, post-hospitalisation expenses are typically covered for a longer period of 180 days.
This coverage is not without caveats, though. Both of these sets of expenses are covered as long as they are related to the medical condition for which you are hospitalised and your claim is approved as part of inpatient hospitalisation coverage.
- Daycare Treatment Coverage: There have been massive strides in how medical treatments are administered, which has made it possible for doctors to perform certain medical procedures or surgeries within 24 hours. These are referred to as daycare treatments. With Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0, the advancement in medical technology can truly be taken advantage of, as it offers coverage for all daycare treatments up to the sum insured you choose.
- Domiciliary Treatment Coverage: You can receive medical treatment and care in the comfort and privacy of your own home if the severity of a medical condition/injury prevents you from being moved to a hospital or there is a lack of availability of hospital beds. This is called domiciliary hospitalisation. With the Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan, you can rest assured knowing that your medical bills related to domiciliary treatment will be covered up to the sum insured.
- Organ Donor Coverage: Organ donation can be a powerful way to provide life-saving assistance to those in need. Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 provides coverage for organ donor expenses as well. It covers the inpatient expenses of the organ donor up to the sum insured (when the insured person is the recipient).
- Modern Treatment Coverage: Technological advancements in healthcare have paved the way for modern treatments once considered impossible. These treatments have allowed doctors to treat conditions with greater precision and accuracy than ever before. With Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0, you can get coverage for expenses associated with modern treatments up to the sum insured. There is, however, a sub-limit of Rs 1 lakh per claim for a few robotic surgeries.
- Non-Medical Expenses: Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan offers the much-needed benefit of covering non-medical expenses, which is quite unique and a great value addition. Non-medical costs include consumables like gloves, nebulization kits, oxygen masks, and other treatment-related items. The plan covers these expenses up to the sum insured (if you opt for an add-on), so you don't have to worry about extra expenses.
- Booster+ (No claim bonus): With Booster+, your sum insured gets boosted or enhanced by 100% up to a maximum of 5/10 times the base sum insured, depending on the plan you choose. How wonderful! The higher your base sum insured, the higher the booster+ sum insured. Under this benefit, any claims made by you will not impact your plan. The unused sum insured (after deducting the claim amount) will be carried over when you renew the plan.
- ReAssure Forever: This is another pretty awesome feature that the plan offers. It gets activated once the first claim is paid out. Once triggered, it stays for life as long as you renew the plan without interruption. This means you can avail of an unlimited sum insured for the lifetime of the policy. You can enjoy comprehensive, life-long protection, no matter how many times you make a claim. How cool is that?
Other Key Features Of The Product
- Lock the Clock: This feature locks your age once you purchase the policy until you file your first claim. This means you have to pay premiums based on your entry age until you make your first claim. As soon as you make your first claim, you will be charged premiums based on your current age. So, by locking your age at the time of purchase, you can be assured that your premiums will remain the same until you make a claim - no matter how old you are!
- Get Rewards For Staying Healthy: If you maintain a healthy lifestyle, you can receive up to a 30% discount on Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan renewal premiums. For this, you can use a mobile app recommended by the company to earn health points by walking. Every 1000 steps earn you one health point. The renewal discount is computed based on the health score 90 days prior to renewal.
- Take Advantage Of E-Consultation From Anywhere, Anytime!
An electronic consultation, also known as a teleconsultation, is the provision of healthcare and medical advice via a digital communication channel such as video calls, phone calls, secure messaging, or online platforms. By using e-consultations, you can access professional healthcare advice and services conveniently and quickly - all within the comfort of your own home. Under the Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan, you can also benefit from unlimited e-consultations within the company's network.
What's All The Fuss About Waiting Periods?
Health insurance policies usually do not cover certain illnesses and diseases for a certain period of time right after purchase. This is called the waiting period. During this period, medical expenses related to these conditions will have to be borne by you. The waiting period can be of different types, such as -
- Initial Waiting Period: All medical conditions come with a waiting period of 30 days, except for accidents. During this period, no claims will be honoured except in the case of accidents.
- Waiting Period For Pre-existing Diseases: A pre-existing disease is any medical condition or illness that you were diagnosed with or treated for within 48 months before a health insurance policy is issued. The Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan imposes a 36-month waiting period for pre-existing diseases. This means you must wait 36 months before you are eligible for coverage of pre-existing disease-related expenses under the Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan.
- Waiting Period For Specific Diseases: Insurance companies are allowed to impose waiting periods on a list of medical conditions and illnesses, other than pre-existing conditions, regardless of whether you have had them before. There is a 24-month waiting period for specific diseases under the Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan.
What’s NOT Included In The Package?
Certain situations won't be covered by the health insurance policy - no matter the circumstance. These are called exclusions. They include -
- Standard Permanent Exclusions: All insurance companies need to abide by the IRDAI's 'standard permanent exclusions'. They are required to disclose these exclusions when you purchase a policy so you know what you're signing up for. Some of these include -
- Investigation and evaluation: Hospitalisation for observation or monitoring only.
- Rehabilitation, rest, and respite care: Bed rest in a healthcare facility without any active treatment.
- Obesity/weight control: Treatment or surgery for weight control or obesity.
- Profession in hazardous or adventure sports: Treatment expenses incurred while engaging in adventure activities like river rafting, mountaineering, scuba diving, horse racing, etc. as a professional.
- Health spas, nursing homes, or similar establishments arranged for domestic purposes: Treatments undergone in health spas, nursing homes, or similar establishments arranged for domestic purposes.
- Change of gender treatment: Treatment aimed at altering the body's characteristics to those of the opposite sex.
- Plastic/cosmetic surgery: Treatment or surgery intended to modify body characteristics or appearance.
- Dietary supplements, substances purchased without a prescription: Minerals, vitamins, and other substances not prescribed by a physician.
- Breach of law: Expenses related to the treatment of a person who has committed or attempted to commit a breach of law with criminal intent.
- Excluded providers: Treatment from a medical practitioner or hospital excluded by the insurance company.
- Narcotics: Treatment for addictive conditions like alcohol addiction, drug use, etc.
- Refractive error: Costs associated with correcting refractive errors up to 7.5 diopters for better vision.
- Expenses related to birth control, sterility and infertility: Contraception, sterilisation, artificial insemination, advanced reproductive technologies such as IVF, ZIFT, GIFT, ICSI, gestational surrogacy, etc.
- Maternity expenses: Pre/post-natal costs, childbirth-related hospitalisation expenses, etc.
- Unproven treatments: Medical procedures, surgeries, or treatments that are not conclusively proven to work.
- Additional Permanent Exclusions: Apart from the standard permanent exclusions listed above, insurers may also decide not to cover certain circumstances or medical conditions. In case you suffer from a disease/ medical condition they consider to be too risky, they may permanently exclude that as well. It is important to understand that insurers are restricted to illnesses listed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) for which permanent exclusions can be applied. Therefore, it is essential to read the terms and conditions of the policy carefully before signing up - so you don’t get caught off guard in the future.
- Non-Standard Exclusions (Specific Exclusions): These are standard permanent exclusions that go beyond those listed by the IRDAI. These may vary across insurers, depending on the policy's terms and conditions. Here is a list of some of the top specific exclusions under Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0:
- Consultation, screening, or treatment of external congenital anomalies.
- Dental treatments other than those caused by accidents or cancer.
- Maintaining the life of the insured person who is brain dead or in a vegetative state through artificial means.
- Expenses that are not reasonable and customary, and treatments that are not medically necessary.
- Any illness or injury caused directly or indirectly by nuclear or radiological emissions, war or like war situations, rebellion, etc.
Here's The Takeaway
A quick rundown of the product's benefits and coverage limits -
60 days up to the sum insured
180 days up to the sum insured
Daycare Treatment Coverage
Domiciliary Treatment Coverage:
Organ Donor Coverage
Inpatient expenses of organ donor up to the sum insured
Covered up to the sum insured, if you opt for an add-on
Enhance the sum insured by 100% up to 5 or 10 times the base sum insured
Modern Treatment Coverage
(Sub limit of Rs 1 lakh per claim for a few robotic surgeries)
Up to 100% of the sum insured
Covered after a 36-month waiting period
Covered after a 24-month waiting period
Get The Lowdown On Niva Bupa Reassure 2.0
- What sum insured options are provided by Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan?
There is a wide range of sum insured options available with ReAssure 2.0 such as Rs 5 Lakhs, 10 Lakhs, 15 Lakhs, 20 Lakhs, 25 Lakhs, 50 Lakhs, 1 Crore, etc. You can choose the amount that best suits your needs and provides you with the highest level of security.
- Will my plan premium stay the same after making a claim under the Niva Bipa ReAssure 2.0 Plan?
No, it will change. Your premium for the plan will be calculated based on your present age. The 'Lock the Clock' feature applies only when you’ve made no claims. If you raise a claim, you’ll no longer be eligible for the feature.
- Does Niva Bipa ReAssure 2.0 offer maternity coverage in the form of an add-on?
No, Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan does not offer optional maternity coverage.
- Are any waiting periods imposed for pre-existing diseases under Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0?
Pre-existing diseases are subject to a 36-month waiting period under Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan. This means that any medical expenses related to pre-existing diseases will not be covered during the first 36 months of purchasing the plan.
- Does Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan come with a room rent limit?
No. As part of the Niva Bupa ReAssure 2.0 Plan, you are allowed to select any room at the hospital - whether it be a Single Private AC Room, Twin Sharing Room, Suite, or any other type.